When he was just a boy, Trace Blackmore often went to work with his father. Decades later, Trace combined the skills his father taught him with the business knowledge he’d gained over the years to start his own water treatment business. Today, Trace is not only the President of Blackmore Enterprises, he is also the host of Scaling Up! H2O, the popular podcast for water treatment professionals with 10,000 subscribers and growing.
On this episode of Small Business Matters the Podcast, Trace drops by to talk about following in his father’s footsteps, venturing out on his own, and the importance of creating a positive work culture within your organization.
Key Points in this Episode:
• Contributions to SB [0:01:40]
• Getting Started [0:02:17]
• Building the Business [0:04:02]
• Client Engagement and Sales Cycles [0:05:28]
• Role as President [0:07:04]
• Consistent Growth [0:08:01]
• Planning Tools [0:09:05]
• Mistakes Made and Lessons Learned [0:10:36]
• Creating a Positive Work Culture [0:12:13]
• Establishing Core Values [0:14:15]
• Scaling Up! H2O Podcast [0:16:32]
• Rapid Fire [0:19:23]
• Takeaways [0:26:14]