In 2006, Beth Armknecht Miller founded Executive Velocity as an outlet for her trademark enthusiasm and energy for assisting clients with their most valuable asset – their people. Her proven approach provides expert advice on leadership capabilities and builds succession plans for organizational continuity. Beth also served as a Chair with Vistage for 13 years.
Beth is a graduate of Babson College and Harvard Business School’s OPM program. She is certified in Myers Briggs, Hogan, Business DNA, Foundations of NeuroLeadership, Strategic Workforce Planning, and Facilitation and Advanced Facilitation from Leadership Strategies. Available on Amazon, Beth’s latest book, “Are You Talent Obsessed?”, is a compilation of her best practices for business leaders.
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
On this episode of Small Business Matters the Podcast, Tim and Taylor talk shop with Beth Miller, the talent whisperer. As it relates to small business, Beth explains the importance of hiring the right people, timely onboarding, asking important questions, and understanding your weaknesses as a leader.
Key Points in this Episode:
• Contributions to SB [0:02:32]
• Succession Planning [0:02:59]
• Typical Client [0:04:08]
• Aspirin vs. Vitamin [0:05:00]
• The Role of the Leader [0:06:21]
• Developing the Next Leaders [0:06:52]
• Hiring Mistakes [0:07:57]
• Internal vs. External Hiring [0:09:33]
• “Are You Talent Obsessed?” [0:10:29]
• The Role of a Coach [0:11:41]
• Favorite Coaching Question [0:13:04]
• Best and Worst Mistake [0:14:00]
• Emotional Intelligence [0:15:30]
• Best Advice [0:16:15]
• Rapid Fire [0:17:44]
• Takeaways [0:20:45]
• Contact Beth [0:22:00]